Monday, September 5, 2011

An Afternoon at Devil's Pool



So for this assignment of experiencing a different part of Philly, I went to A swimming hole called Devil's Pool around Mt. Airy. It's only 8 miles away from Temple's campus and a 20 minute drive.  I just really wanted to do something in nature and get out of the city feel without having to drive a long way.  So I researched swimming holes in PA and this one was the closest.

It was such a great find because I had no idea there was this breathtaking secluded place immersed in the woods only 8 miles from my trash infested street.  It was a breath of fresh air literally and figuratively to be there for the afternoon with some of my friends.  I invited 3 of my friends to come and we hiked and jumped off a huge rock into the river and swam.  It was so refreshing and a great time to relax together and enjoy the end of summer.  There were alot of people there swimming and drinking  beer enjoying the long holiday weekend.  My friend Olivia tried to go off the rope swing and failed, entertaining onlookers.

After swimming for a while and talking a little to the other groups there, we sat on some towels we brought and smoked Leah's hookah.  It was really fun to be in the woods, leaning against a tree right by such a beautiful landscape and river, smoking hookah and chatting with my best friends.  The best part is that this was a completely free outing, and was so close to school, yet seemed like a completely different world.

No comments:

Post a Comment